Crushed pretzel sticks or almonds make a crunchy topping for chocolate-covered strawberries. The salty pretzels are a perfect complement to the melted chocolate.
Total: 15 min
Active: 10 min
Yield: 8 strawberries
- 1 cup pretzel rods
- 1 cup almonds
- 3 (4-ounce) bars semisweet chocolate, melted (recommended: Valrhona chocolate)
- 8 long-stemmed strawberries
- Chop pretzels and nuts and place in 2 separate bowls. Chop chocolate.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate until smooth and velvety.
- Dip strawberries in chocolate and then in pretzels or nuts.
- Place covered strawberries on a 1/2 sheet tray lined with waxed paper. Allow to set at room temperature and serve